Do you know what’s in your deodorant? Most deodorants on the market are made with parabens aluminum, phthalates and artificial fragrances. Sweating is normal and is your body’s way of cooling off and releasing toxins. In order to eliminate odours, why not use a product with ingredients you know and can pronounce? Making your own deodorant is super simple with the use of essential oil, which will actually help you control odour. Your current antiperspirant may actually block your pores, a natural homemade deodorant could actually help you open your pores and allow you to release those bad toxins and cool off.
How to Get the Most of Your Homemade Deodorant
- To help minimize odours and keep your armpits clean, you should use an astringent like witch hazel before applying your deodorant.
- Try not to wear synthetic fibres.
- Remember that it may take some time for your body to adjust to non-chemical deodorant, and you may notice an increase of sweating and odour during the transitionary period.
Essential Oils to Use in Your Deodorant
- Clary Sage
Some Deodorant “Recipes”
Recipe for Deodorant Spray
- 8 tbsp of distilled water
- 4 tbsp of witch hazel
- 2 tbsp rosewater glycerin
- 2tbsp of aloe vera juice
- 20-25 drops of essential oils of your choice
- Spray bottle
Step One: You’ll want to put your distilled water, witch hazel and glycerin into a bowl.
Step Two: Next, you will want to add 20-25 drops of your choice of essential oils to the mixture. This is the fun part and you can experiment to find out which mixture you enjoy the most.
Step Three: Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle.
Recipe for a Citrus Deodorant
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Vodka or Witch Hazel
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Chlorophyll
- 3 drops Bergamot FCF oil
Mix all the contents together in a glass jar. You’ll want to let the mixture sit for at least one day and then strain the liquid in order to separate from the lemon zest. Last, transfer the mixture to a spray bottle.
Recipe for Cooling Deodorant
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Glycerin
- 1/2 cup Witch Hazel
- 1/2 cup Aloe Vera Juice
- 3 teaspoons Deodorant Zinc Oxide
- 20 drops Bergamot FCF
- 10 drops Grapefruit
In a bowl, put the glycerin and witch hazel. Next, add all of the other ingredients. Last, pour the mixture into a dark glass spray bottle. Discard after one month.
If you are interested in making your own deodorant and are looking for essential oils, look no further than Aroma Oil Diffusers. We have a wide selection of oils for you to choose from to suit your needs.