Mosquito bites are itchy and can prevent you from enjoying your outdoor activities. Many people are mosquito magnets and no matter where they go, mosquitos seem to follow. This can be because of a number of different reasons, including humidity, light, as well as your scent.
While there are a number of products you can use to repel mosquitoes and keep them away, many of these sprays and creams and other solutions have chemical components that are harmful and dangerous, so instead of turning to these products, try using natural repellants. The following are a few to consider:
- Lemon eucalyptus oil. This is a very well-known repellant that is both natural and effective and will help keep the mosquitoes away. This type of oil will offer a lot of protection so that you don’t have to worry about their bites.
- Lavender. This is a proven mosquito repellent because they do not like the fragrance and the oil produced by crushed lavender flowers. Once they smell the lavender they will go far away.
- Cinnamon oil. In addition to being a great ingredient, cinnamon oil acts as a repellent when it comes to adult mosquitoes and kills off their eggs so that you don’t have to wonder about more of them making an appearance.
- Thyme oil. This is a very effective repelling oil that will provide you with a lot of protection. If you want to take it one step further, you can also throw thyme leaves into an outdoor fire to see even more protection as burning thyme leaves are also very effective.
- Greek catnip oil. If you’re looking for protection that will last several hours, this is the best option to consider. The extract and oil that come from the bruised leaves of these flowers are very valuable and will repel mosquitoes for up to three hours.
If you love spending time outdoors and doing activities like hiking or camping, you should definitely give natural essential oils a try. You will be pleasantly surprised to see how much protection they provide so that you can sit comfortably in your backyard without being bitten by mosquitoes and having to deal with itchy and irritated skin. The outdoors are meant to be enjoyed, so if you want more information regarding this form of repellant, contact Aroma Oil Diffuser to see the type of essential oils they offer. The sooner you contact them, the sooner you can start enjoying the great outdoors again!